Nardone Limited is actively involved in the legal and tax representation of dental practices. This representation includes formation and operational issues, tax planning and controversy, choice of entity, professional license and disciplinary matters, employment matters, business succession planning, practice acquisitions, and associate buy-ins. Throughout the representation, we work closely with each client’s accountant and financial advisor regarding the client’s day-to-day financial operations, accounting matters, and tax planning.
Representative Engagements Include:
- Representing the buying or selling doctors in dental practice acquisitions;
- Assisting dentists with setting up their dental practices in the most tax efficient manner;
- Handling employment related matters for dental practices;
- Representing dentists in front of the Ohio Dental Board;
- Representing dental practices being audited by the Internal Revenue Service, the Ohio Department of Taxation, or the Ohio Department of Job and Family Services;
- Preparing dentist’s estate plan and working with the dentist’s family to ensure the needs of the family are met;
- Conducting background investigations as part of the post-employment process;
- Updating the dental practice’s policies and procedures due to the ever changing federal and state laws impacting the operations of dental practices;
- Assisting with the everyday legal matters of dental practices, such as keeping their minute books up-to-date and answering employment related questions.